Saturday, September 19, 2009

Steve is still at St. Joe's

Steve is still at St. Joe's.

The case worker is looking for a skilled nursing facility in Mesa that will accept Steve while he is taking chemo. It will be nice to have him closer to home. It will be hard leaving St. Joe's where the staff is amazing.

Thank you to those who emailed Steve -

Thank you to those who were able to make the trip to Phoenix to visit.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Next Step.......

On Monday and Tuesday all the various doctors (neurology, oncology, renal, pulmonary, internal - I have probably left someone off the list) assigned to Steve are going to be recommending the next phase of care.

If he is strong enough to do 3 hours of rehab each day he will be transferred to Neuro Rehab at St. Joes.

If he can only tolerate 1 to 1/2 hours of rehab he will need to go to a Skilled Nursing Facility to gain enough strength for the more advanced rehab.

The docs also will be working out a treatment plan (how often he will receive chemo) and decide when he would have the next MRI to determine if he is progressing.

And of course, everything depends on how Steve's body reacts to all that is thrown at him.

Please keep visiting. Please keep praying.

email Steve at
I will read every email to him.